Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Walkaround with GXR & Lomo Triplett 4/40 (from Smena)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Walkaround with GXR & Lomo Triplett 4/40 (from Smena) Reply with quote

The Lomo Triplett is taken from a Smena camera. Tiny but fun for candid.

Random street pics, including a selfie Laugh 1

All camera-jpgs, except #2 (had cam setup to B&W and didnt like the result, so editted the raw)

Last edited by Sjak on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice little lens. Did you have the "typical" problems with infinity or could you find a way around?
The thing is that if you increase the focus throw to reach infitiny, you might turn too far and remove the front part of the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure to be honest. I had more issues getting used to the EVF of the GXR, as this was the 1st time I took the system out in really sunny weather.

Last year, I used the 4/40 a few times with my Fuji, and can't recall any issues. Obviously it's not a lens for landscape photographers who want ultimate detail corner to corner, but I like the rendering of this little lightweight.