Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica Komura 100mm F2.8 Medium Format
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Bronica Komura 100mm F2.8 Medium Format Reply with quote

I just got this little beauty in the mail yesterday. It's a medium format Komura 100mm F2.8 for Bronica S mount. I've never seen another one of these for sale and was lucky to find this one. From what I've read they are quite rare. The glass is practically mint condition, but there's a small rough patch of rust/paint damage on the ring by the rear mount, which has no affect on the performance of the lens. Anyone have any idea how many of these were ever made? And what the going rate is for these? (I hope I didn't over pay for it)

I've mounted the lens on my Sony by using a Tilting E-mount to EOS adapter--->EOS mount Fotodiox Pro adapter--->Bronica S Heliocoids--->Lens

I have no control over the aperture and would love to know how I can actually use the aperture without harming the lens. The aperture pin is on the low side of the barrel of the lens, but my mount has no connection/contact to it, so I'm forced to shoot wide open.

Here are a few sample shots I quickly shot today around the house while the sun came out. All samples are shot wide as mentioned above.

#7 - Lens was tilted with the Tilting E-mount to EOS adapter for this shot

Last edited by DonN on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last shot is awesome, great bokeh!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Last shot is awesome, great bokeh!

Thanks. I am looking forward to taking better shots once I get some time and some good light.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be a way to control the aperture.
I am unfamiliar with the Bronica S, but the aperture can be controlled in the ETR and ETRs even when not attached to the camera body.
Unless a way can be found you will be restricted to open aperture unless you buy a Bronica S body and use film
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
There must be a way to control the aperture.
I am unfamiliar with the Bronica S, but the aperture can be controlled in the ETR and ETRs even when not attached to the camera body.
Unless a way can be found you will be restricted to open aperture unless you buy a Bronica S body and use film
Tom

Here is a photo showing the aperture pin (actually just a screw that sticks out). If you hold it in place with your finger to engage the aperture the tension changes. The Bronica helicoid that I use to mount the lens is actually from a Bronica S camera, so in theory it should work. It appears that the aperture pin isn't long enough when mounted, but other than replacing the pin I have no idea on how to get it to work?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit like the Canon FL adapters for digital where a ring on the adapter has to be rotated after mounting to engage the pin and close the aperture.
Is there a rotating part on your adapter?
If not, can you lock the pin closed with a small wedge before mounting onto the adapter.
Interesting
Tom