Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 105mm f/3.5 Leaf Shutter for Bronica
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Nikkor 105mm f/3.5 Leaf Shutter for Bronica Reply with quote

I picked up two Bronica lenses the other day, a 25CM f/4 and a Nikkor 105mm LS. I'm having some headaches with the LS.

The timing on it seems to be off. When the camera's shutter triggers (in bulb for taking photos, but the leaf shutter is triggered by the aperture lever in the camera) the leaf shutter closes and then a period of a second or two passes before the shutter trips. Is this normal?

Also, I can't find a manual online nor have I figured out a way to use the lens without the in-lens shutter. There seems to be no obvious shutter bypass so that I can use it with the focal plane lens. Does anyone know if this is possible?

And if anyone is curious, no sample shots yet but looking through the fiewfinder it's obvious this lens is FAR sharper than the kit 75mm Nikkor.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I just got this lens yesterday and I'm trying to figure it out as well. Do you have any knowledge to share?
What I have gathered is that you probably cannot use the lens without the shutter. If it's cocked, it will firethe shutter, if not, it is closed.
The shutter is supposed to close and then open, but maybe not for 2 seconds, it should be momentuous.
Do you know how to disassemble the lens to get to the shutter? I am going through the front and can't figure out how to get the third ring off (couples the shutter speed selection to the shutter) so I could lift out the shutter.