Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hugo Meyer Anastigmat 2,8/100mm crafted M42 screw mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Hugo Meyer Anastigmat 2,8/100mm crafted M42 screw mount Reply with quote

Grabbed this cool, surely homemade crafted item by some old dead afficionado (infinity ok on Sony a7) but can't find a damn thing about, s/n assumes to be ca 1950, kind of MakroPlasmat-ish barrels/engraving... So any comments on item value, nature and origin are welcomed, Klauses? Luis? Attila? Whoo Turtle

Marek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic find! Though making lens front glass photos with branches reflection really isn't best idea imho Wink. Could be Trioplan though: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Meyer-100mm-f2-8-Trioplan-Hasselblad-F-mount-925601/282799374509

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, ain't gonna chop the 150yo chestnut tree off due to bloody reflections, it's a military orientation point Very Happy Besides, gonna be leafy soon Friends Anyway this item won't be for sale so I have paid zero attention to quality/layout of the photos (much).

Thanks for the info/link, even better to know, but this really is solid expensive HK based shop Very Happy

Btw optics is in very fine, if not fantastic Very Happy conditoin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is made by Meyer Optik (looks like it to me), then it is a 2.8/100mm Trioplan for PRIMAFLEX,
batch of 50 lenses made 1949.

Congrats

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
If it is made by Meyer Optik (looks like it to me), then it is a 2.8/100mm Trioplan for PRIMAFLEX,

Congrats

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I am certainly not the guy to ask!

You got the boss, Klaus.

As for the conversion, an interesting mix of amateur and pro.
The converter hid the ugly bits under that ... leather is it?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Oh man, I am certainly not the guy to ask!

You got the boss, Klaus.

As for the conversion, an interesting mix of amateur and pro.
The converter hid the ugly bits under that ... leather is it?

Thank You Dog Thank You Dog Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post-war lens are not made by 'Hugo Meyer' anymore.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Congrats

Dear Klaus,

Does that mean only 50 lenses max (probable reality - much less) may survive or are you able to determine/find any more batches?

I wasn't successful to google up anything vaguely similar.

If I compare it to my super rare Exa 8,5 Sonnar for example, from a batch of just cca 100 pcs that I have seen at least three copies to exist, I guess only one existing batch may be real.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Congrats

Dear Klaus,

Does that mean only 50 lenses max (probable reality - much less) may survive or are you able to determine/find any more batches?

I wasn't successful to google up anything vaguely similar.

If I compare it to my super rare Exa 8,5 Sonnar for example, from a batch of just cca 100 pcs that I have seen at least three copies to exist, I guess only one existing batch may be real.

There were more such batches made, I only quoted the one your lens erial number falls into. I don't have the tine to scan throufgh all serial number to see how man more were made...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just might have found a related family member
https://www.ebay.de/itm/meyer-gorlitz-trioplan-2-8-10cm-100mm-for-medium-format-cameras/372308771232