Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBC Fujinon W 35mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: EBC Fujinon W 35mm 2.8 Reply with quote

A few pictures from a walk. My general assessment is that it doesn't offer anything over my Mir 1, MC Rokkor 35mm 2.8, or Olympus 35mm 2.8. But it's not a bad lens.

The best thing is that it was only 20 EUR. It seems to be quite rare, that or people aren't using them much Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good lens.
A good find
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ebc fujinon in m42 are expensive on ebay. Even the 50mm 1.4 normal is way over a hundred. Less common lenses like yours are even more. They are fine quality optics but as you say, in the same league with oly, pentax, minolta, konica et al. I have a 50mm 1.6 and a 50 1.9 in the bayonet X mount. They are good lenses but don't command the same prices as the m42.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: EBC Fujinon W 35mm 2.8 Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
A few pictures from a walk. My general assessment is that it doesn't offer anything over my Mir 1, MC Rokkor 35mm 2.8, or Olympus 35mm 2.8. But it's not a bad lens.

The best thing is that it was only 20 EUR. It seems to be quite rare, that or people aren't using them much Smile

I've not used the f/2.8, but I've kept hold of my 35mm f/1.9 through several change of system simply because it's f/1.9 (and because it's very good!)

I don't remember how much it cost. It would have been cheap. In the '80's 42-screw prime lenses were being almost given away ... everyone wanted bayonet-mount zooms Wink

As I understand it, when new, Fujinon lenses were relatively expensive, probably explaining their seeming scarcity these days - there never were very many!

Last edited by kypfer on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
The ebc fujinon in m42 are expensive on ebay. Even the 50mm 1.4 normal is way over a hundred. Less common lenses like yours are even more. They are fine quality optics but as you say, in the same league with oly, pentax, minolta, konica et al. I have a 50mm 1.6 and a 50 1.9 in the bayonet X mount. They are good lenses but don't command the same prices as the m42.

The AX-mount Fujinons are presumably less desirable simply because there are not the adaptors widely available to convert that mount to anything else.

Scarce lenses do, however, still command a premium, I sold my X-Fujinon EBC 50mm f/1.2 on eBay recently for nearly £200, with fungus! The collector who bought it had apparently been looking for one for ten years!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Looks like a good lens.
A good find
Tom

Indeed a good find, even better was the Fujica ST701 and Fujinon 100mm f/2.8 for about the same price that the seller was also offering.

The 35mm Fl has been growing on me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:

I'd like to get one of those 50mm f/1.4. Good to know it's possible to make a profit if I want to sell.

In X mount I also have the 50 1.9, 55/1.6 and Porst labeled 50/1.2. The last two are very fine.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: EBC Fujinon W 35mm 2.8 Reply with quote

kypfer wrote:
blotafton wrote:

I've not used the f/2.8, but I've kept hold of my 35mm f/1.9 through several change of system simply because it's f/1.9 (and because it's very good!)

I don't remember how much it cost. It would have been cheap. In the '80's 42-screw prime lenses were being almost given away ... everyone wanted bayonet-mount zooms Wink

As I understand it, when new, Fujinon lenses were relatively expensive, probably explaining their seeming scarcity these days - there never were very many!

You are lucky with the 1.9/35, I've never even seen one on auction. Would buy! Sure ebay may have one or two at fantasy price levels but that doesn't count Smile

kypfer wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

The AX-mount Fujinons are presumably less desirable simply because there are not the adaptors widely available to convert that mount to anything else.

Scarce lenses do, however, still command a premium, I sold my X-Fujinon EBC 50mm f/1.2 on eBay recently for nearly £200, with fungus! The collector who bought it had apparently been looking for one for ten years!

That a good deal! My good condition Fujinon Porst 50mm 1.2 was 180 eur with adapter. Not bad either!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 35mm f/1.9 doing what it's good at ... low light work Wink About an hour after sunset this evening!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks a fine lens; the flat lighting didn't really help.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the X-mount EBC 28mm/F1.9 several years ago from EBAY and it's really a rare gem in the X-mount fujinon lenses.