Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Fd 300mm 5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Canon Fd 300mm 5.6 Reply with quote

As i understand it there were 4 models of this lens. But could they all take tripod mounts. Did they all come with mounts as standard.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, they came standard with tripod collar
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/earlyfdlenses/300mmfd.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Canon FL-F 300mm f/5.6 S.S.C. (the fluorite version) and it has indeed a built-in tripod mount:

This is a astonishingly good lens for its age (it dates from 1969), with sharp rendering, great colors and contrast, as well as (almost) no chromatic aberrations.

Here are a few old pictures taken with this lens on the Olympus E-P1 (sorry if you have already seen them):

100% crop (center):

100% crop (corner):

Giant monitor lizard swimming in the river:

100% crop of the head:

The bird [(c) Luis Allegria]:

100% crop:

Pictures taken inside a shopping mall:

100% crop (center):

100% crop (border):

100% crop:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks people. The lens will be here today so i might get to remember what i bought! Wanted to pay before they change their mind but couldn't take it with me. Ive a canon mint ae-program to stick it on. I don't think somehow it will turn out to be the flourite version. Ive seen the sc and earlier versions slagged off but we will see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest nFD version. All F5.6 (A7R) footage. (f6.3) by the way received yesterday, shot more than 200 shots but precisely (approximately precisely) got only about 10 Smile