Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A7R II + Canon 50mm f/1.4 LTM ("japanese summilux"
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject: A7R II + Canon 50mm f/1.4 LTM ("japanese summilux" Reply with quote

#1


#2


#3


#4
Sorry, I missed focus here.


#5
I missed focus even more here!


PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I wasted an opportunity to buy this lens cheap. Oops! Looks quite sharp wide open and the overall rendering is so smooth.


PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
I feel like I wasted an opportunity to buy this lens cheap. Oops! Looks quite sharp wide open and the overall rendering is so smooth.


It is fantastic. Most sample pictures I saw on the web do not represent it well. So many are B&W from rangerfinder users, which of course is not a bad thing but can lead to the idea that color rendition isn't good, when it's the opposite. It's extremely sharp wide open, like nothing else I've seen in classic lenses (not that I'm desperate about sharpness) and the OOF is very nice, IMO. It also handles backlight much better than other classic lenses I have. Bright objects/sources on the frame do glow a bit. It's a steal even for the $250-300 they usually ask for it on eBay. I guess you really have to get a Summilux to get any better at wide aperture.


PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So many are B&W from rangerfinder users, ...


Guilty!!

But I must agree with the evidence you present here: you've done some lovely work in these images. You've convinced me that I need to get mine out on my A7r, strange that I haven't used it there yet.

Thanks for the prompt...


PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens, fantastic as it is, is only part of the story here... the model is supremely beautiful, and the man behind the camera shoots like a boss Cool

Like 1


PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l9magen wrote:
Quote:
So many are B&W from rangerfinder users, ...


Guilty!!

But I must agree with the evidence you present here: you've done some lovely work in these images. You've convinced me that I need to get mine out on my A7r, strange that I haven't used it there yet.

Thanks for the prompt...


If it caused that effect in you, then I'm happy Smile


PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
The lens, fantastic as it is, is only part of the story here... the model is supremely beautiful, and the man behind the camera shoots like a boss Cool

Like 1


Thank you so much! Laugh 1


PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arozenfeld wrote:
Teemō wrote:
I feel like I wasted an opportunity to buy this lens cheap. Oops! Looks quite sharp wide open and the overall rendering is so smooth.


It is fantastic. Most sample pictures I saw on the web do not represent it well. So many are B&W from rangerfinder users, which of course is not a bad thing but can lead to the idea that color rendition isn't good, when it's the opposite. It's extremely sharp wide open, like nothing else I've seen in classic lenses (not that I'm desperate about sharpness) and the OOF is very nice, IMO. It also handles backlight much better than other classic lenses I have. Bright objects/sources on the frame do glow a bit. It's a steal even for the $250-300 they usually ask for it on eBay. I guess you really have to get a Summilux to get any better at wide aperture.


The colour is what I like most about these images! They could be like water-colours shot on Portra 160 I think. The one I had the opportunity to buy was in plainly excellent condition and only sold for about $150, but I had my eyes on something else which amazingly popped up only a few days after. Funny how the world works...


PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 a pleasure again to see your work!!


PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are certainly surrounded by much beauty. Really lovin your portraiture bud Smile