Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon on CONTAX / YASHICA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon on CONTAX / YASHICA Reply with quote

Jup. It works. Even opens your aperture for metering (might be less then wide-open). Even funnier the scale ends correctly on top. Start mounting around 2 cm right from Konica red dot.

Flange different of course but many Hexanons infinity can be easily adjusted from top just by releasing 3 screws holding focusing ring. Even unchanged gives you ability to shot portraits.

Caution: try first with less expensive equipment - the lens nearly got stuck on my CONTAX FX-D. It might be good idea to shorten aperture lever and it's protective part sticking out more on Hexanons. Anyway i will leave this for other to explore further. First idea that pops into my mind: C/Y to EOS adapter might be used for both mounts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you butcher a Konica lens to adjust for Contax film camera ?! If a Konica body available for next to nothing ? Konica FC-1 very cheap and very good one.

Last edited by Attila on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accidental finding.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting for those of us who only use digital, especially since Attila has been busy demonstrating how good these Hexanons can be Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Konica Hexanon on CONTAX / YASHICA Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Flange different of course but many Hexanons infinity can be easily adjusted from top just by releasing 3 screws holding focusing ring. Even unchanged gives you ability to shot portraits.

Given that there is 5 mm flange difference I don't understand how you can adjust the lenses. I know that M42 lenses are more or less useless on Nikon (without glass adaptor) and there is only 1 mm flange difference in this case.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting 1,7/50mm Hexanon on infinity gives me approximately half meter min. distance on C/Y. That is enough to make nice portrait and close-ups (plus macro). If i adjust focusing ring to end later i am sure few meters could be reached with no glass. It's similar story with Nikon as known here: http://forum.mflenses.com/mf-lenses-with-easily-adjustable-infinity-for-nikon-ians-t26929,highlight,%2Binfinity+%2Bnikon.html

Far from being useless. Especially for fans of both brands. I guess Smile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Konica Hexanon on CONTAX / YASHICA Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Jup. It works. Even opens your aperture for metering (might be less then wide-open). Even funnier the scale ends correctly on top. Start mounting around 2 cm right from Konica red dot.

Caution: try first with less expensive equipment - the lens nearly got stuck on my CONTAX FX-D. It might be good idea to shorten aperture lever and it's protective part sticking out more on Hexanons. Anyway i will leave this for other to explore further. First idea that pops into my mind: C/Y to EOS adapter might be used for both mounts.

Blast from the past, but i just direct messaged you about this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will just repeat what Atilla said about this. Don't do it. Perhaps it had minimal sense years ago, but none today.