Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hugo Meyer goerlitz telemegor. 15cm/5.5????
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Hugo Meyer goerlitz telemegor. 15cm/5.5???? Reply with quote

Which format is this lens?
What is the crop factor at apsc?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on aps-c sensor size. Canon is 1.6x; Nikon is 1.5x.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let say 1.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crop factor for your camera is 1.5x? That makes this 15cm lens have same field of view as 15cm * 1.5 = 22.5cm lens would give on full frame camera.

Format can be guessed using image circle size as a guide. How big is the image circle? How big a format will it cover?

Since lens is mounted on bellows could be a macro lens or perhaps an adapted enlarger lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look this

http://www.earlyphotography.co.uk/site/entry_C213.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
The crop factor for your camera is 1.5x? That makes this 15cm lens have same field of view as 15cm * 1.5 = 22.5cm lens would give on full frame camera.

Format can be guessed using image circle size as a guide. How big is the image circle? How big a format will it cover?

Since lens is mounted on bellows could be a macro lens or perhaps an adapted enlarger lens.

Probably not an enlarger lens.

When used in an enlarger the lens faces downward. Enlarger lenses are designed so that the f-stop numbers can be read in this position. This means the bottom of the f-stop numbers face the front of an enlarger lens.

The f-stop numbers in the picture face the rear of the lens. That means they're designed to be read by someone behind the lens, which should indicate a lens designed to be used on a camera.

(The above message was posted while I was composing my message. Apparently I'm VERY slow when typing.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a version of this in Exakta mount.
This was designed for full frame 35mm, such as on an Exakta SLR.

The lens was also produced in other mounts like medium-format for certain Exakta models, and cine mounts.

It's hard to say what your example is.

The optics should have pretty good coverage, but the mount may mask it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One version of the Telemegor 15cm. was made for the Vest Pocket (VP) Exakta, which used a 4x6.5cm format on 127 film.
That had a fairly short mount, but I don' think its this one.

Search for Telemegor 15cm VP Exakta and you should find some pictures.

This one looks like the lens head only off some early version of this lens, adapted for an Exakta bellows.