Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Latest Yard Sale Find
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject: Latest Yard Sale Find Reply with quote

Yesterday's yard sale find. Came with a dead Sunpak AUto 140 flash and a multi-lingual quick-start guide:

Rollei 35 TE

35 TE bottom:

Typical corner bump:

The slow shutter speeds are too slow, so it's gonna need a CLA. But that's okay. This little jewel cost me a whopping $5, so I reckon I can afford a decent CLA for it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a lucky guy. Lt looks really nice. I love my little Rollei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Like 1 . Our Queen's camera of choice, back in the day. I've never seen her with a digital.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, still haven't taken it in for a CLA yet. I'll probably have to wait on that until after the ban on travel and business operation has been lifted.

I did order a battery for it, though, and discovered that unfortunately the meter is non-responsive. Not a big deal, really. For outdoor use, the Sunny F/16 rule is plenty good, plus it isn't that big of a chore to carry a meter. Some folks use their phones, but I don't trust cell phone meters.

In the meantime, I can still use this camera as long as I keep shutter speeds above 1/30 of a second. Below this number is when they get sticky. 1/30 and above sound about right to me ear, so I'm figuring they're close enough for C-41 work.