Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapting contax N to gfx
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject: Adapting contax N to gfx Reply with quote

I have done alot of looking I like the contax N series of lenses, but probably am going to be moving to GFX entirely and selling my a7r3. Does anyone know of a way to adapting these fine lenses? Multiple adapters are fine. I have Googled and checked the usual suspects but find nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such adapter exist unless your contax N lens is already converted to EF mount. Most Contax N lens may not cover GFX sensor.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a Kipon Contax N1 - Canon EOS adapter on Adorama. You could stack that on an EOS-GFX adapter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
I found a Kipon Contax N1 - Canon EOS adapter on Adorama. You could stack that on an EOS-GFX adapter.

There are more than one mount in the EOS system. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
KEO wrote:

There are more than one mount in the EOS system. Wink

I wonder what you could possibly mean by that?
There's only one EOS=EF mount.
Canon made different mounts, but no other mount is called EF or EOS
(nitpickingly speaking, EOS is the name of the camera series; the mount is called EF).

There is the EF-S lens series with smaller image circle for APS cameras, but the mount and flange distance are identical.
I've never seen an EF-S-only adapter. And if there were one, I'm sure it would be clearly named as such.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are at three different mounts in the Canon EOS currently:

a) EF mount used by DSLR cameras
b) EF-M mount used by the EOS M MILCs
c) RF mount used by the EOS R MILCs

There is no adapter to adapt a Contax N mount lens to Canon EF mount as it is physically not feasible at the moment. However, there is adapter for Contax N mount to EF-M mount made by Kipon.

Last edited by calvin83 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were a contax N to EF, I would be happy, unfortunately its an EOS-M adapter which is a crop sensor. I actually have one of those and that is how I was shooting them on the A7. The IRIS vignettes badly on the GFX due to the small IRIS.