Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An other telelens comparison : Pentax vs. Takumar vs. Tamron
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: An other telelens comparison : Pentax vs. Takumar vs. Tamron Reply with quote

I was not exactly expecting this :
- Tamron is better than I had in mind (I had one in the past)... but to focus with it is like sitting on a cactus, the focusing ring is too much reactive.
- The Takumar 400/4 is better than the 500/4.5, this does meet my feeling.... but I was waiting is at a better general level.
- I am still having trouble to do a 100% good focus, I need to develop something to do it more acurately.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Takumar 300 / 4 last year, I bought it cheap as it was well used, but with perfect glass, someone liked this lens and used it a lot. I can see why, it's wonderful.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a stiffer tripod / tripod-to-lens coupling / solid ground to hold it all still while you focus...and refrain from dancing when pressing the wired remote shutter button.

"like sitting n a cactus" Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manfrotto 055 + Manfrotto 222 + wired trigge, I do not think there car be movement blurr, only doubts about the focus Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Manfrotto 055 + Manfrotto 222 + wired trigge, I do not think there car be movement blurr, only doubts about the focus Wink

The act of focusing requires the stiffness, so when you take your hand from the focus ring the focus position doesn't move.

Or perhaps I misunderstand the problem(s) you're having attaining focus.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote