Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Printing-Nikkor 150mm Reversed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Printing-Nikkor 150mm Reversed Reply with quote

For macro, one of my setups uses two Olympus OM telescopic tubes. For this exercise I measured (hand-held so approximate) the FOV width with the tubes both fully extended and with both fully retracted. I did this for the lens mounted normally and with it reversed. The body was a full frame Sony Alpha A7R.

Lens mounted normally: maximum extension FOV 24m, minimum extension FOV 38mm

Lens mounted reversed: maximum extension FOV 25mm, minimum extension FOV 45mm.

The normal values were with 7mm of additional extension which I was unable to detach for the reversed check.

The lens seems +/- symmetrical and there is no significant advantage in reversing it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see no difference between the lens orientation, in the slight vignetting in the corners, being more for the higher magnification (longer extension) in each case.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens formula symmetrical. ..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Lens formula symmetrical. ..

You just beat me on saying that...

(C) Marco Cavina