Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

When I was young....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: When I was young.... Reply with quote

That was me 1973 when tried hard to look "super cool" on the ferry betw. Dover and Calais whilst travelling home from my first London visit.
Picture shot with a Minolta Autopak 110 camera most probably on Kodak film.
Unfortunately I don't recall the correct model number of the used camera. However, it was definitely my first Minolta one which I used intensely these times. Scanned from the photo as the original negative disappeared somehow.
I did try optimize the picture with "Perfectly Clear v.8".
However, I still use Minolta cameras and lenses today. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny picture now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatles period, that's for sure!
Nostalgic picture... How much of the boy in the picture still exists in you? Do you remember and still share his wishes and dreams?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Beatles period, that's for sure!
Nostalgic picture... How much of the boy in the picture still exists in you? Do you remember and still share his wishes and dreams?

That's indeed a very interesting question. However, 45 years later now I tend to say that my overall mind setting (particularly in political orientation) didn't really change till date.

Nevertheless, I would say that my dreams totally disappeared and my wishes changed as well.

For example my "dream car" was a Cadillac already 45 years ago and since I managed to buy and drive one more than 30 years later I can say that this dream wasn't important at all although it was to a certain extent a motivation for my professional career. After all, since I retired from work some time ago the importance of money totally changed for me.

In other words: Based on my present day experience I wouldn't repeat EVERY step of my past life again. Notwithstanding, to buy AND CRASH the Cadillac was important for that finding as well. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vietnam. Beatles broke up in 1970.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Well, John Lennon-ish look.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Vietnam. Beatles broke up in 1970.

Most probably a little bit too simple: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970s

Actually 1973 was the year of the first big oil crisis but I didn't care about at all... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
...Well, John Lennon-ish look.

Indeed, Lennon was very popular. Most fashionable these times.
Actually I bought the spectacles in the beginning of my journey on the flea market in Paris.
Sweater and cap from Portobello Road/Notting Hill. Wink