Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WTB: Parts/Donor Auto Nikkor-S 50mm f/1.4 w/good optics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: WTB: Parts/Donor Auto Nikkor-S 50mm f/1.4 w/good optics Reply with quote

I have a sample of this lens that's mint except for some fungal etching on the front and rear elements. If you have a non-working (bad helical, broken aperture, dented, etc) parts/donor lens with good optics, perhaps we can make a deal!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,
Be careful about the Nikkor S 50 1.4 as they made it for many years and there are just as many variations in construction. They even vary in the attachment of the rear mount. I could not even move an AI kit from one to another. Anyway, you should be able to find another mint lens for the price of a donor. It is a great lens to have in a vintage kit.
Pete

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete wrote:
Brian,
Be careful about the Nikkor S 50 1.4 as they made it for many years and there are just as many variations in construction. They even vary in the attachment of the rear mount. I could not even move an AI kit from one to another. Anyway, you should be able to find another mint lens for the price of a donor. It is a great lens to have in a vintage kit.
Pete

Thanks for the info. To clarify, I am looking for the early, Non-Ai version.