Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax-M 80-200mm f4 - disassembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Pentax-M 80-200mm f4 - disassembly Reply with quote

Hello... I'm trying to get to the front 3rd element on this lens... I can't seem to get beyond the second element - anyone has a clue as to how?

I want to avoid opening from the back...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dismantled a fair number of lenses, although never a Pentax. It's been my experience that, with an interior element or group, it's almost always held in place by a slotted ring that would be removed with a lens spanner. If you don't have a slotted ring holding that element in place, then just about the only thing I could suggest would be to try a large rubber stopper on it and see if you can twist it loose. It might be mounted in a receptacle that's threaded into place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the spanner is used to get the first element out... then the second element just sits there, nothing holding it in place, and not giving in... I gotta get behind that one...

I have a few stoppers that I use for these reasons... gonna need a 52mm one which might be hard to find. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search on eBay for - 2" rubber stopper - and got a bunch of hits, including this one:

Click here to see on Ebay

They have the size you need. Comes from China though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I did a search on eBay for - 2" rubber stopper - and got a bunch of hits, including this one:

Click here to see on Ebay

They have the size you need. Comes from China though.

Thanks - I did order ones just after seeing the message... another forum recommended maybe a rubber strap wrench. Looking to get both these items to see if I can prevail.

I took some pics today with the lens, it is not so affected. But it bothers me!!!

thanks again