Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AKA Kamaerabau cameras with interchangeable lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: AKA Kamaerabau cameras with interchangeable lenses? Reply with quote

I have acquired a small number of these lenses and at one point had found a site that listed which of their cameras had interchangeable lenses. I can no longer find the info. I have an Arette Bn that definitely has the interchangeable lenses. I bought it "As is function unknown" thinking I would shred it for the mount to fab an adapter to E mount. It came in and my 18 dollars incl shipping bought a perfectly functioning camera with case and Isconar 50mm 2.8 lens in very fine condition. I couldn't bring myself to ruin it. I know that AKA had several cameras with the interchangeable mounts. I can't find the list anywhere on line. Anybody familiar with this maker and which of their cameras I could seek out for dismantling? The Arette rarely comes up in damaged as is kind of condition. They must have been pretty good quality. Anyway I'm still hoping to fab an adapter as I just got one of the rare Schneider Tele-Xenar 90mm 3.5 that I want to use properly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/arette/arette.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thanks, that is the site I couldn't find.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome.
I looked on that site a number of times because I liked the look of the Arette cameras and wanted to
buy one because I liked their looks. Finally I bought a Arette C.
I also have Akarette.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very nice little rangefinder. I have film in it now. It seems quite well designed and well built (they must be good as you rarely see broken ones for sale).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
http://www.cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/arette/arette.html
Wow, cool stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: ¨Photo Deal Reply with quote

The current issue of the German magazine Photo Deal has a piece on the AKA company and all its creations (page 16-22).

p.