Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Snow, and lots of it (Minolta MD 35-70mm/3.5 macro zoom)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Snow, and lots of it (Minolta MD 35-70mm/3.5 macro zoom) Reply with quote

We're having a late winter spell here. Almost no snow all winter and temps above freezing most of the time, but now at the end of february it's -10°C and we're having lots of snow, more than 50cm in many places and more than 100 in the hills. Surprised

Here are a few shots from a walk the other day. All with a Minolta MD 35-70mm/3.5 macro zoom on a Sony NEX-6 and Lens Turbo II. The LT has a little bit of play on both interfaces (camera and lens side). I padded them with some electrician's tape to get a better fit but it's still not perfect. Over time it gets loose again and then there's problems with one side of the image being unsharp. Sad

NEX6_0004_0630 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

NEX6_0004_0636 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

NEX6_0004_0643 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

NEX6_0004_0657-0662 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

NEX6_0004_0663 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

NEX6_0004_0667 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow, and lots of it (Minolta MD 35-70mm/3.5 macro zoom) Reply with quote

miran wrote:
We're having a late winter spell here. Almost no snow all winter and temps above freezing most of the time, but now at the end of february it's -10°C and we're having lots of snow, more than 50cm in many places and more than 100 in the hills. Surprised

You are not alone. Wink
It's definitely too cold for me for any photo excursion outside....

BTW, nice pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Snow, and lots of it (Minolta MD 35-70mm/3.5 macro zoom) Reply with quote

Nice photos!Like 1

tb_a wrote:
miran wrote:

You are not alone. Wink
It's definitely too cold for me for any photo excursion outside....

BTW, nice pictures!

+1! Maybe when the sun comes out.

Last edited by uddhava on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've whittled it down to 1,2 or 6 as favourites miran. I might have to give to 6. Great shot Like 1 .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10cm snow here. And I think -1c is far too cold especially with brutal cold winds.

#5 for me, I like all of these.

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile Yesterday morning it was -19°C and it hasn't been more than around -6°C for a few days now. Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Thanks. Smile Yesterday morning it was -19°C and it hasn't been more than around -6°C for a few days now. Surprised

It's pretty nippy around my way in Scotland too at the moment, although not too bad.

The winds blowing the wrong way unfortunately. I live under a 350m bluff, which signifies the land stepping up to form the highlands. All the powdery snow that's been lain down up there is being blown off and straight onto the town. I formed 300mm deep footsteps getting to the door today, and they had gone within an hour under a new coating. It hadn't snowed, just blew off the mountains.

But to be honest, I love the snow Happy Cat .