Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Info on Miranda Supreme-D 10.5cm F2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Info on Miranda Supreme-D 10.5cm F2.8 Reply with quote

Hello,

Is there anyone out here who is able to provide me with some more information about the Miranda Supreme-D 10.5cm F2.8 lens I recently acquired? It is almost new, in original leather case, and with original matching number box. I also would like to find out what it is worth. I have searched the web and did found a little bit of information. Most sites copy and past the same info (which can be found here: http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Supreme_lenses_ )

I only found one that was sold on eBay a while ago (which was not quite in the condition mine is in), but other than that one, they appear to be hardly ever on sale.

Hope someone is able to help me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like customized rebadged A. Schacht Ulm Travenar 135 mm f/ 3.5 lens.

Perhaps this model or similar: http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/221-a-schacht-ulm-travenar-135mm-f-3-5-32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

Hmm I don't know, I think I have read somewhere that Miranda produced these lenses themself. These look sort of the same, but are not identical compared side to side. But maybe i'm wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its quite rare, but reasonably well known.
An early product of Miranda, which made this, bellows, Visoflex type devices, etc. before it ever made a camera.

Your link has excellent information, and I would think all you need to know is there.

Miranda did make, or commission, its own lenses at the time. Its extremely unlikely they would have been buying in lenses from Germany. Yours looks like the regular bellows-mount lens head, which was an original component of the Orion/Miranda Focabell macro kits, screwed into a helical focus mount, yours most likely a later one for a Miranda SLR. Just a guess on my part, it can only be confirmed by mounting on a proper Miranda body.

Rare things generally don't have much history on ebay.
And in this case I would think the bulk of the collectors are in Japan.

But anyone who is anyone will probably be monitoring ebay, and if you put this up for auction there I am sure you will get some interest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Miranda-Supreme-M44-Mount-f-2-8-135mm-Preset-Lens-with-Helicoid-Adapter/202128927369?hash=item2f0fd2aa89:g:3cYAAOSwGzhaHif2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad you haven't got the whole kit!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Miranda-Orion-FocaBell-Camera-Mirax-B-Lot-Tele-Photo-Lens-Bellows-Original-Box/192434439046?hash=item2ccdfc8386:g:PdMAAOSwJc9aZTz1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the ones I had found on eBay also, the bellowset is nice Smile !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camerapedia site has included most if not all the most valuable info on this lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was also hoping for some info on Iq etc, there are some pictures on Flickr taken with a similar lens. It appears to be doing okay.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49576306@N08/sets/72157665226016328

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take your lens out for photos if you need to know more about it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had the right adapter for my system I already would have, and would not have asked the question...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciao1968 wrote:
If I had the right adapter for my system I already would have, and would not have asked the question...

There is adapter to LTM mount on eBay Click here to see on Ebay for all MILC camera. If you use a SLR, remove the lens head, measure the thread size and adapter it using helicoid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M44 Miranda screw mount almost certainly.
You can easily measure it.

Not sure if it is for Miranda SLR back focus, but I think it probably is.
Yours looks like a later piece.

The alternative would be its a shorter mount for the Mirax reflex device (like the Leica Visoflex it would have a much deeper back focus than an SLR).

But if you have a mirrorless camera it should be easy enough to check what the back focus is, simply by holding it up to the camera with an appropriate adapter attached. Or there are a dozen other ways.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be surprised if it is not in M44 mount. The lens head may be also in M44 mount but I have never check my copy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would need this one, but i don't like adapters with glass: https://fotodioxpro.com/products/mir-snya-pro

Found another one for sale:

https://www.ebay.at/itm/Miranda-f-M44-10-5cm-2-8-Supreme-22040-57/352048802523

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a mismatch. This Supreme D 10.5cm f/2.8 lens is in a focusing mount to be used on a Miranda camera body. It does not belong on this MIRROSCOPE reflex housing and will not give proper focus. The MIRROSCOPE is equivalent to the Orion/Miranda Mirax A reflex housing, which will work with the Supreme A lens. The Supreme A lens has a shorter focusing mount. The Mirax A reflex housing, with the Supreme A lens, and when mounted on a Leica 39mm screw mount rangefinder camera body will give correct focus at all distances. The Mirax A/Supreme A setup essentially converts the Leica rangefinder into a makeshift SLR. Jeffrey Felton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you over here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Jeff, Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you over here.

Indeed, I've greatly enjoyed your posts on the Miranda Facebook group Jeff, and hope to see plenty of informative posts here too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffrey Felton wrote:
This is a mismatch. This Supreme D 10.5cm f/2.8 lens is in a focusing mount to be used on a Miranda camera body. It does not belong on this MIRROSCOPE reflex housing and will not give proper focus. The MIRROSCOPE is equivalent to the Orion/Miranda Mirax A reflex housing, which will work with the Supreme A lens. The Supreme A lens has a shorter focusing mount. The Mirax A reflex housing, with the Supreme A lens, and when mounted on a Leica 39mm screw mount rangefinder camera body will give correct focus at all distances. The Mirax A/Supreme A setup essentially converts the Leica rangefinder into a makeshift SLR. Jeffrey Felton

Welcome Jeff. Glad to see you here. I no longer use FB but enjoyed your information there.