Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 50mm 1.4 S.S.C FD mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Canon FD 50mm 1.4 S.S.C FD mount Reply with quote

Canon FD 50mm 1.4 S.S.C @ 1.4. Fuji X-E2. LR contrast, slight boost, highlight / exposure adjustment.

A few shots of my kids lego's. since we had so much snow yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Lego, the best toy for a developing a youngsters mind, and the worst toy for stepping on.
I would have loved having all the cool parts that are available now days.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 SSC. And I especially like shooting with it wide open. I find mine to be very sharp with only minimal CAs at this setting. In the following images, the first one's OOF highlights show some very slight green fringing, but the others show essentially nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also really like the rendering of the FD 50mm 1.4 SSC. My biggest thing with the FD mount is they can be really fussy. Adapters stick. Lens caps only work on some and not on others.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask here. From an old manual 50mm f1.4 I had one lens but much softie, they all behave this way ? As far as I know, the Canon nFD 50mm F1.4 is considered to be one of the most acute. And if you look at the Bokeh (character blur) that You like ? (50mm F1.4, Canon, Minolta, Konica, Dr ?)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I am a fan of nFD 50 1.4. Lots of character, but the detail and contrast are ok.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
... And if you look at the Bokeh (character blur) that You like ? (50mm F1.4, Canon, Minolta, Konica, Dr ?)

I have compared th bokeh of quite a few 50mm f1.4 and f1.2 lenses:

http://artaphot.ch/systemuebergreifend/objektive/479-standard-lens-bokeh-ii

Might be useful for you Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FD 50/1.4 ssc is wonderful. Looks from those lego pics that it have also nice character.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a great lens indeed. I did not pay a lot of attention to it when shooting with Canon and then Nikon. But with the Sony, is shines!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some time ago, in this forum, I saw some pics taken with the Canon FD 1,4/50 SSC.

Very good lens, I thought!!

Now with my two NEX, the nFD 1,4/50 is my lens.

Sharp from F/1,4 at the center.

The best center to my eyes is at F/4,8 and the best borders at F/8.

At F/4 the lateral CA is very low and very rare. At F/8 I don´t see any CA.

Very nice colors and contrast.

Really a good lens. Very good endeed.