Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to glue the glass of a filter to the ring?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: How to glue the glass of a filter to the ring? Reply with quote

One of my two original Arsenal filters that came with the Jupiter-36 was not glued to the ring.
What kind of glue is best to use, and is there any particular procedure I should follow?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Glue will work

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Glue will work

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use toothpick to apply tiny amount of silicon based glue such as that used to seal around sinks and tubs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superglue will often produce a haze from outgassing as it dries,
so I would not recommend it for use with optics.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact adhesive such as "Evo-stik" works well in this application.

Clean everything with alcohol or similar. Apply two or three small drops of glue with a toothpick or similar to the ring, fit the filter, allow the glue to dry thoroughly, then carefully scrape off any surplus with the other end of the toothpick if required.

This is perfectly strong enough to keep the filter glass retained (even gels or celluloid) but will allow removal, with minimal force, if deemed necessary.

Good luck Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that only took 11 years to get the answer

Friends

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
that only took 11 years to get the answer

Friends

He thought VERY carefully about it. :^)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://eclecticproducts.com/products/amazing-goop-adhesives/amazing-goop-marine.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My filters are generally physically held in place by a metal ring. The metal holders are 2 part...