Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cloudy summer days
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Cloudy summer days Reply with quote

Cloudy summer days

Taken with my Sony A7r with LAEA4 adapter and Sigma 24mm f2.8 @f8 super wide Alpha mount.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking late summer photo. I guess it's finally starting to cool off a bit for y'all down under. Here, winter is still trying to hang in there for a bit longer.

Those clumps of yellowish looking plants -- are those bamboo? Kinda looks like it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Nice looking late summer photo. I guess it's finally starting to cool off a bit for y'all down under. Here, winter is still trying to hang in there for a bit longer.

Those clumps of yellowish looking plants -- are those bamboo? Kinda looks like it.

February is typically the warmest month of the year here, however we are having the coolest summer on record in 25'odd years. I'm not complaining mind you, but yes, does seem the unfortunate cycle into winter is beginning.
As for the yellow brassy clumps, not sure if it's bamboo, but it is definitely a cane of some variety. They often grow close to waterways and tributaries in the countryside here. Not sure if it's native or introduced either. But it looks nice in some scenes. Smile