Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First trial with Meopta Magnola
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: First trial with Meopta Magnola Reply with quote

I decide to make for first try selfportrait with that cam. I have borrowed Meopta Magnola for now with Largor 135/6.8 glass. It was also used for this picture. Film was Fomapan 100 with Kodak D76 developer. Technical details f-stop f6.8 and 1/4s shutter and 10x15cm negative. Of course it is not focused well. But at least I try. Large format is large format. Don't forgive bad focusing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is still a good picture, a very nice portrait. And although it might be blurred, you can still tell that it is a good lens - if that makes sense?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I was quite surprised with that slow aperutre but when I see that result I can say that on that format is fast enough. Still you can get good out of focus background or foreground on such wide lens. And I would love to test it either with something narrower and faster. I might put out some examples when it comes on that.