Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Arsat N 50/1.4 samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Arsat N 50/1.4 samples Reply with quote

Today I took my Ukrainian Arsat N 50/1.4 lens for a walk on the lakeside.

1. At f/2.8

2. At f/8

3. W/O. The bokeh is a bit nervous.

4. W/O

5. At f/4

6. At f/4

7. W/O. My copy seems to be a little decentered, the right side is worse than left. Traces of it can be seen still at f/5.6

8. At f/5.6

9. W/O focused to infinity. There´s some vignetting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you compare it to your Nikon f/1.4 and other 50mm lenses? And next time how about a few shots of the MG?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
How would you compare it to your Nikon f/1.4 and other 50mm lenses?

Here´s a comparison I made earlier:
http://forum.mflenses.com/arsat-n-50-1-4-and-nikkor-k-50-1-4-w-o-comparison-t36497,highlight,%2Barsat.html

woodrim wrote:
And next time how about a few shots of the MG?

If/when I find a suitable MG. Cool This year the old timer rally was held when I was out of town. Sad

I´m waiting for a Arsat N 50/2 lens I bought from Ukraine. Then I can compare it to my Nikkor 50/2 AI lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A goos lens as you prove it, my Arsat copy was better than my Nikon 50mm f1.5 AI and I did like non AI Nikkor same .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Arsat N 50/1.4 samples Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:

Dammit now I want one!
You see what you did now! Mad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Arsat N 50/1.4 samples Reply with quote

JohnBee wrote:
Gurdie wrote:

Dammit now I want one!
You see what you did now! Mad

Well, you can take ANY lens to the lakeside, it doesn´t have to be an Arsat. Cool

A small consolation - these can be had relatively cheaply compared to other f/1.4 lenses - the mechanical quality is not very high.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
my Arsat copy was better than my Nikon 50mm f1.5 .

I obtained recently the sample of that lens, from 1995. I discovered it to be very nice portrait lens for the CMOS Sensor Camera. Even wide open it gives the perfect out of focus image. Looks like it had been copied from the Zeiss Planar.

There is the sample, made by Samsung NX30