Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bittco super vemar 35mm F3.5, Exakta Mount.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Bittco super vemar 35mm F3.5, Exakta Mount. Reply with quote

Took out the Bittco super vemar 35mm F3.5, Exakta Mount. Mixed Ftops. Today, I Snapped a view flowers along the way in a couple local gardens, one mine one the cities. Fuji x-e2. Adjusted in LR.

Overall, super hard to nail focus, it doesn't help my fosay adapter doesn't lock the lens on, while my tube does. Overall it has some wacky dof and or a bit softness wide open means you need to be at f5.6-8.

Some close up work.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very nice. As I understand it, Bittco was a rebranding company. I have a 135mm that is really pretty to look at (zebra look), but IQ was, to be generous, ummm substandard. I did just try it the one time and was very disappointed. I may have to give it another shot. Any chance you could share a shot of the lens?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bittco was a US importer, actually incorporated as L.S. Bitterman of Seattle WA.

Both Bittco and Vemar were their trademarks.

They sold various Japanese third-party lens lines, notably Sankor/Nissin and Tokina/Tokyo Koki besides others, some of which can be interesting as they are fairly early offerings in this part of the industry, from the late 1950s-early 1960s.

Thats why there are a good number of "zebra" lenses in this brand. Of course, they persisted to the end of the 1960s-early 1970s, so there is quite a lot of later stuff also, that I find much less attractive.

It would be interesting to see this lens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot of the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closeups #4!

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, closeup #4 and #5 are very nice.