Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica attachment lens #1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Konica attachment lens #1 Reply with quote

I guess the subject lens is an accessory, so am posting on this board. I'm not heavily into attachment lenses. This is my first for a non-rangefinder camera (here was the earlier one for my Konica III):

http://forum.mflenses.com/super-nooky-for-konica-iii-t74956,highlight,%2Bnooky.html

This is the auction for the subject lens:

Click here to see on Ebay then click see original listing

My problem there was authentication. I didn't want the lens unless it was a genuine Konica lens. The seller offered me these additional photos:

Thereafter I was a little surprised to discover this very detailed write up at the wellspring of all Konica data:

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Zubehoer/eVorsatzlinsen.html

Included there is even a link to the user's manual for this lens.

So I bought the lens for the following reasons:

1. It was inexpensive

2. It is authentic Konica issue

3. I own several Konica lenses having 55mm filter rings with which this lens will work

4. I found it collectible

The lens arrived today in its Konica case. It is heavier than I anticipated, and it is indeed a very nice, high quality, piece of Konica history.

I like this #1 lens. Now if only I can locate the #2 lens at an equally affordable price. Wink

Last edited by guardian on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came across this while searching for the Konica #2 attachment lens:

I am well aware asking prices on eBay mean nothing whatsoever.

That established, I would observe either this German seller has a PhD in overpricing, or else I did pretty well with the purchase described in the OP:

Click here to see on Ebay

Does anyone know what these genuine Konica attachment lenses actually should cost?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
Just came across this while searching for the Konica #2 attachment lens:

I am well aware asking prices on eBay mean nothing whatsoever.

That established, I would observe either this German seller has a PhD in overpricing, or else I did pretty well with the purchase described in the OP:

Does anyone know what these genuine Konica attachment lenses actually should cost?

This seller has always been a bit on the steep side, as far a i remember, but there are many worse offenders. Smile
The Konica attachment is not seen very often, so prices vary accordingly, from a song ("I know nothing about photography, my friend says this is a specialty filter") to quite high when the seller knows what he is selling. For this price, you should be able to get them both IMO.
EDIT: When looking for it, try the word "bonnette" which is the French term for a close-up attachment. I'm adding this because I got mine years ago as bonnettes. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, konicamera.

I missed it earlier, but that German seller is offering the pair for a mere 100€

Laugh 1

He simply cannot be serious!!

At the same time, it might be a while before I'm able to purchase my Konica attachment lens #2 Wink .

Meanwhile I'll just enjoy the #1 lens that arrived earlier today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
Thanks, konicamera.

I missed it earlier, but that German seller is offering the pair for a mere 100€

Laugh 1

He simply cannot be serious!!

At the same time, it might be a while before I'm able to purchase my Konica attachment lens #2 Wink .

Meanwhile I'll just enjoy the #1 lens that arrived earlier today.

If i notice one going by I'll alarm you promptly. Smile