Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What lens mount is this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: What lens mount is this? Reply with quote

The title says it all. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that's Minolta SR.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....Minolta. Anything nice?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star shape aperture is nice! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see the letters "SR" on the mount. I was thinking early Minolta because there were no tabs for a MC or later camera's meter. And SR answers that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Yeah....Minolta. Anything nice?

It's a Palinar Wide-Auto 35mm f2.8, possibly manufactured by Tokina. I'm not sure whether it's worth a punt or not.

Last edited by DigiChromeEd on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Soligor 35 / 2.8 has the same kind of saw tooth aperture, and according to the numbers is a SUN lens. Not a bad lens, but I've got better. I've seen the same lens as Soligor branded Palinar before. Maybe different though?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number on the Palinar starts with a H if that helps to tie down the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palinars are often Tokinas.

I have noticed there seems to be a lot of overlap between Sun and Tokina, they seem to have produced quite a few models of lens that were identical or very close to it to those of the other brand - i.e. a Sun 135mm and a Tokina 135mm that are probably the same lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Palinars are often Tokinas.

I have noticed there seems to be a lot of overlap between Sun and Tokina, they seem to have produced quite a few models of lens that were identical or very close to it to those of the other brand - i.e. a Sun 135mm and a Tokina 135mm that are probably the same lens.

yes, I've thought that for a long time. There's a few of my 3rd party lenses - especially some Soligor and Vivitar that have attributes of one and serial number of another. I'm sure there was either co operation or sub contracting going on.