Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What lens mount is this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: What lens mount is this? Reply with quote

The title says it all. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that's Minolta SR.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....Minolta. Anything nice?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star shape aperture is nice! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see the letters "SR" on the mount. I was thinking early Minolta because there were no tabs for a MC or later camera's meter. And SR answers that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Yeah....Minolta. Anything nice?

It's a Palinar Wide-Auto 35mm f2.8, possibly manufactured by Tokina. I'm not sure whether it's worth a punt or not.

Last edited by DigiChromeEd on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Soligor 35 / 2.8 has the same kind of saw tooth aperture, and according to the numbers is a SUN lens. Not a bad lens, but I've got better. I've seen the same lens as Soligor branded Palinar before. Maybe different though?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number on the Palinar starts with a H if that helps to tie down the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palinars are often Tokinas.

I have noticed there seems to be a lot of overlap between Sun and Tokina, they seem to have produced quite a few models of lens that were identical or very close to it to those of the other brand - i.e. a Sun 135mm and a Tokina 135mm that are probably the same lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Palinars are often Tokinas.

I have noticed there seems to be a lot of overlap between Sun and Tokina, they seem to have produced quite a few models of lens that were identical or very close to it to those of the other brand - i.e. a Sun 135mm and a Tokina 135mm that are probably the same lens.

yes, I've thought that for a long time. There's a few of my 3rd party lenses - especially some Soligor and Vivitar that have attributes of one and serial number of another. I'm sure there was either co operation or sub contracting going on.