Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I catched the gem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: I catched the gem Reply with quote

135/4 cccp lens i think
Many blades
21 euro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favourite lenses, I have a few copies in Kiev/Contax, M39 and M42, all are great.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I catched the gem Reply with quote

dr.volkan wrote:
135/4 cccp lens i think
Many blades
21 euro
Jupiter-11, it is a nice lens indeed, I have 2 of them, 1 in Kiev Automat-mount and one in M39 SLR mount.

For 21e is a very good deal!
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_912.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, the Jupiter-11 is still one of the best 135mm available. I have both M39 versions LTM and Zenit.
Yours is obviously the LTM version.
However, I strongly recommend to use a lens shade because it's prone to flare. I'm using a cheap rubber one which is good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 135/4 Jupiter is a very fine lens, based on the Zeiss Sonnar 135/4 made for the prewar Contax I/II/III and still produced with Contax bayonet mount (rarely, with 39x1 Leica thread) also later, from Carl Zeiss Jena (DDR) and the western Carl Zeiss.

I agree: the best results with this great Russian lens can be obtained always mounting a proper lens shade, as said even in the old, Zeiss instructions.

E.L.