Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

W.Taika Terragon Lens 1:3.5 35mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: W.Taika Terragon Lens 1:3.5 35mm Reply with quote

Interesting lens.
I wonder who made it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/W-Taika-Terragon-Wide-Angle-Lens-1-3-5-35mm-Exakta-Bayonet-Mount/142503996469?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually a very common lens and one of the very worst ever sold. It's seen in countless brandings.

Looks like someone painted the front of this one with some gold paint.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I could not find too much information on this lens. Can you tell me some of the other brands it was distributed as?
I was curious because it is in Exakta mount.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it as an Optomax and a Hanimex, among many others. It's actually a T mount lens so you can change the mount to whatever you like.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one branded Soligor, and Ian is absolutely right - it's the worst lens ever made. Not even useful as a body cap, the shame of owning it is too much to bear. Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Taika was a distributors brand. I've seen Kyoei Acall and IIRC old Tokina and old Tamron stuff under this brand.

I suspect they (whomever owned Taika) may have had some relation with a US importer Aetna Optix .

I had three of these and sold them.
One Petri, one Votar (Sterling Howard import), and one Soligor.
All three were variants of the Kyoei, so thats what this one probably is.
They are supposed to have good UV qualities.

I didn't do a post on them, I'm not sure why. I will look for pictures in my archive.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the same; although branded "Galaxy", some time ago i made a topic with samples from it:
http://forum.mflenses.com/galaxy-3-5-35-from-the-whats-your-last-lens-t77704.html

Cheers, René!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are much better 35mm Exakta mount lenses, 35 Flektogon for example.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I had the same branded as Petri Kuribayashi but never actually fieldtested. Looks like it turned into a 'hey, I had this lens under another name' thread.

If you wanna really solid Exa mount 35mm lens I have a solid cheap CLA'ed Zeiss Flektogon
just sold thru Ebay but buyer seems to be a time waster (contact me in case of interest)

Marek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
There are much better 35mm Exakta mount lenses, 35 Flektogon for example.

Marek wrote:
If you wanna really solid Exa mount 35mm lens I have a solid cheap CLA'ed Zeiss Flektogon[/b] just sold thru Ebay but buyer seems to be a time waster (contact me in case of interest)

Marek

I already have a Flektogon with an Exakta mount, but I was just curious about this Japanese Exakta lens and trying to
start some discussion on it. Of course if it was some super excellent lens I would be interested.
Thank you though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I think Taika was a distributors brand. I've seen Kyoei Acall and IIRC old Tokina and old Tamron stuff under this brand.

I suspect they (whomever owned Taika) may have had some relation with a US importer Aetna Optix .

I had three of these and sold them.
One Petri, one Votar (Sterling Howard import), and one Soligor.
All three were variants of the Kyoei, so thats what this one probably is.
They are supposed to have good UV qualities.

I didn't do a post on them, I'm not sure why. I will look for pictures in my archive.

Yep, really only known as those have qualities for UV photograhy, otherwise there are better ones indeed!