Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gnarly tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Gnarly tree Reply with quote

Gnarly tree

This was taken with my Minolta Dynax 7 using my Minolta 28mm f2.8 on Ilford PanF 50, stand developed in Rodinal and scanned on my Epson 4990.

I've been doing a bit of a series of twisted tree landscapes. I thought I might gradually start to share some with you guys. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

I always preferred the FP4 for outdoor/landscape photography. It's a little bit softer and delivers more grays in between whilst it's still very sharp with very fine grain. However, that's purely a matter of taste.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Like 1

I always preferred the FP4 for outdoor/landscape photography. It's a little bit softer and delivers more grays in between whilst it's still very sharp with very fine grain. However, that's purely a matter of taste.

You might be right. I haven't shot as much FP4 as I have HP5 and Panf in the last 18 months. I've been using up some old rolls sitting in my film fridge. I've been experimenting with a few bulk rolls of some random stuff and the like too, but I keep thinking about the two bulk rolls of FP4 I have in the film fridge along with a couple of others that I will be playing with after this lot. I mainly shot this Panf on a recommendation from a friend about how much detail you could get if you shot it on a summer day and Stand Dev'd it in Rodinal. So far if I'm honest it does not have as much latitude as I enjoy in other ilford Emulsions. It drops of into shadows and blows out in the highlights a bit too easily for my tastes. Even if using zone metering. But I did get a few shots on it I liked, so these few I am going through and showing are those.

Thank you! again for taking the time to look and provide me with feedback. It is greatly appreciated.