Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 21mm f4 v's Yashica ML 21mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 21mm f4 v's Yashica ML 21mm f3.5 Reply with quote

Does anyone own both of these lenses and conducted a test between them? Which would be the better purchase quality wise?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Konica 4/21, it's excellent. I also have the Konica 2.8/24 and the Yashica Ml 2.8/24, they are comparable in quality, so I expect the Yashica ML 21 will be comparable to the Konica 21.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hexanon AR 4/21mm has a rather low distortion. Unusual for a superwide, it doesn't really improve its image quality when stopping down (on 24MP FF), but the image quality is quite good even at f4.

The Yashica ML 3.5/21mm has a higher resolution than the Hexanon when stopped down. Large parts of the image have little distortion (less than e. g. the FD 2.8/20mm), the corners however are "bending outwards" visibly if you have straight lines going parallel to image border.

Here's a sample from the Yashica ML 3.5/21mm, probably at f11, resized to 25%:

Click on the image to see its detail resolution.

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ DigiChromeEd:

Tomorrow, I can make a comparison "Hexanon AR vs Yashica ML" and upload some RAW files; just PM me your e-mail adress and i can provide you the link!

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
@ DigiChromeEd:

Tomorrow, I can make a comparison "Hexanon AR vs Yashica ML" and upload some RAW files; just PM me your e-mail adress and i can provide you the link!

Stephan

Thanks Stephen, pm sent. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I have the Konica 4/21, it's excellent. I also have the Konica 2.8/24 and the Yashica Ml 2.8/24, they are comparable in quality, so I expect the Yashica ML 21 will be comparable to the Konica 21.

Thank you Ian. Friends