Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 60mm f/1.5 TV lens, Prototype ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Angenieux 60mm f/1.5 TV lens, Prototype ? Reply with quote

Hi every !

Last year, i've found this lens with others TV lenses :

I never found any informations about this Angenieux 60mm f/1.5 in B mount. I'm curious to know if somebody have any information about this lens. I've made modify this lens to M42 mount. I will post photos soon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnificent lens. Do you know . . can you say . . whether this is a 1/2" lens or is it a 2/3" lens?

If a 2/3" lens then I agree it is B mount. I personally would never attempt to convert such a beautiful lens to m42. I would, instead, just purchase a B mount adapter.

If lens is a 1/2" lens things become more complicated. While the mount (of such lenses) is very similar in appearance to B mount, it is not the same and the flange focal distance is different.

Uncertainty regarding mount differences can be resolved by measuring the mount locating pin diameter. Pin diameters of the two lenses are NOT the same.

Here, for whatever help it might be to you, is a link to a B mount adapter. I cannot promise, though, that this adapter, which is for 2/3" TV lenses, is the right one for your amazing lens:

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
Magnificent lens. Do you know . . can you say . . whether this is a 1/2" lens or is it a 2/3" lens?

If a 2/3" lens then I agree it is B mount. I personally would never attempt to convert such a beautiful lens to m42. I would, instead, just purchase a B mount adapter.

If lens is a 1/2" lens things become more complicated. While the mount (of such lenses) is very similar in appearance to B mount, it is not the same and the flange focal distance is different.

Uncertainty regarding mount differences can be resolved by measuring the mount locating pin diameter. Pin diameters of the two lenses are NOT the same.

Here, for whatever help it might be to you, is a link to a B mount adapter. I cannot promise, though, that this adapter, which is for 2/3" TV lenses, is the right one for your amazing lens:

Thank you for your anser ! I've tested it on Sony A7R and there is very few vignetting on full frame.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

French-Lenses wrote:
guardian wrote:

Thank you for your anser ! I've tested it on Sony A7R and there is very few vignetting on full frame.

Fascinating. Most any TV lens I've ever encountered would vignette wildly on FF. Your lens must be something outside my experience. TV lenses are a world unto themselves.

I do stand by my comments on the mount, though. Exception would be if you are able to convert the lens in a reversible manner. Then it would be OK . . in my view . . to convert the mount.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
French-Lenses wrote:
guardian wrote:

Fascinating. Most any TV lens I've ever encountered would vignette wildly on FF. Your lens must be something outside my experience. TV lenses are a world unto themselves.

I do stand by my comments on the mount, though. Exception would be if you are able to convert the lens in a reversible manner. Then it would be OK . . in my view . . to convert the mount.

I've converted the mount in M42 and this is not reversible...