Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reassembling a Nikon Series E 100mm f 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reassembling a Nikon Series E 100mm f 2.8 Reply with quote

Hi this is my very first lens project, so please be forgiving and i probably wont have a lot of the technical lingo down.

I bought a Nikon Series E 100mm f2.8 for cheap that had issue with the focus ring, and ive been doing my best to try to fix it, i've cleaned out the old grease and am about to reapply fresh grease for it, which would be the last step before reassembly.

But im having issues figuring out how to reassemble the "lens" together with the Helicoid and aperture mechanism etc.

Im trying to figure out which parts that i need to focus on lining up when reassembling it.

I've included labeled pictures to make it easier, also pulling the "pin" on the lens doesnt move the aperture, does that mean theres something wrong with the aperture mechanism?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Reassembling a Nikon Series E 100mm f 2.8 Reply with quote

jooohan94 wrote:
Hi this is my very first lens project, so please be forgiving and i probably wont have a lot of the technical lingo down.

I bought a Nikon Series E 100mm f2.8 for cheap that had issue with the focus ring, and ive been doing my best to try to fix it, i've cleaned out the old grease and am about to reapply fresh grease for it, which would be the last step before reassembly.

But im having issues figuring out how to reassemble the "lens" together with the Helicoid and aperture mechanism etc.

Im trying to figure out which parts that i need to focus on lining up when reassembling it.

I've included labeled pictures to make it easier, also pulling the "pin" on the lens doesnt move the aperture, does that mean theres something wrong with the aperture mechanism?

Quoted the post. Antispam measures deployed for the first posters.
Wait for the cavalry to arrive with advices.
Welcome aboard!