Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flange distance of Kowa R system
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Flange distance of Kowa R system Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what is the flange distance of the Kowa R's bayonet system lenses (for Kowa SER, SET, SET-R)? I can not find it on the web in any of the usual sources where the flange distances of the different mounts are shown. I intend to build an adapter for these lenses using a scrapping of a SET-R camera and it would be very useful to know that data beforehand.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Flange distance of Kowa R system Reply with quote

ljherrero wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is the flange distance of the Kowa R's bayonet system lenses (for Kowa SER, SET, SET-R)? I can not find it on the web in any of the usual sources where the flange distances of the different mounts are shown. I intend to build an adapter for these lenses using a scrapping of a SET-R camera and it would be very useful to know that data beforehand.

That sounds like an interesting project. I can't give you an exact figure as the Kowa SET-R2 camera we have is jammed (surprise!), but a quick'n'dirty measurement suggests around 55.4mm. This is from the film plane to the front of the bayonet mount.

Hope this helps, and good luck! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Measuring (also roughly) between the mark that indicates the focal plane (a circle crossed by a line) on the body of the camera and the base of the bayonet in the same camera that I intend to scrap, I get about 53mm. Being 53mm or 55.4 mm as an approximation is sufficient for the previous design of the adapter, but I would like to know the exact data and referenced in some document.

In any case, thanks for your help

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the exact distance, but it is possible Smile I'm happy to share how I did it if you haven't done it already and are still interested. Good luck!