Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Componon HM 4.5/44mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Componon HM 4.5/44mm Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info on this lens? I can hardly find a mention anywhere. I'd specifically like to know the flange focal distance at infinity. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Componon HM 4.5/44mm Reply with quote

Alba wrote:
Does anyone have any info on this lens? I can hardly find a mention anywhere. I'd specifically like to know the flange focal distance at infinity. Thanks

It is a lens made for a darkroom enlarger and a very good one for that purpose.
You will need a bellows or a focusing helicoid to use this on a digital camera.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Componon HM 4.5/44mm Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

It is a lens made for a darkroom enlarger and a very good one for that purpose.
You will need a bellows or a focusing helicoid to use this on a digital camera.
Tom

Thanks Tom. I've had success using enlarger lenses for landscapes with the Rodenstock Rodagon Apo N 50, 80 and 105mm lenses. I'm using a Cambo Actus and I would be pushing the limits with this focal length to focus at infinity.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know this one, but tracking down what the designation 'HM' means might point you in the direction of their particular selling point.

John Jovic records an Apo-Componon HM 4.0/45 with a flange focal distance at infinity of 42.4mm. But no 4.5/44.

http://www.photocornucopia.com/1061.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HM is "high modulation" which I have been meaning to ask Klaus about. The Apo componon HM are schneider 's very best enlarger lenses. You can still buy them new, if you have the money.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
I don't know this one, but tracking down what the designation 'HM' means might point you in the direction of their particular selling point.

John Jovic records an Apo-Componon HM 4.0/45 with a flange focal distance at infinity of 42.4mm. But no 4.5/44.

http://www.photocornucopia.com/1061.html

Aye, I've looked in all the usual places but the specs for this lens cannot be found.

jamaeolus wrote:
You can still buy them new, if you have the money.

I don't, sadly!

Thanks both.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Apo Componon 4.5/44mm has been used in scanners. Obviously something for industrial applications.

S

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
The Apo Componon 4.5/44mm has been used in scanners. Obviously something for industrial applications.

S

Thanks. Well, I took a gamble and bought one today. I'll post a few pics in a few days time

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alba wrote:
stevemark wrote:

S

Thanks. Well, I took a gamble and bought one today. I'll post a few pics in a few days time

I came across this on Flikr…

"APO-Componon HM
These are 6-element, 4-group apochromatic enlarger lenses, using high-modulation glass elements,
designed for critical color rendition and precision industrial applications."

Funnily enough, no mention of your 4.5/44.