Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cimko as RE Topcor scam or legit?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Cimko as RE Topcor scam or legit? Reply with quote

There are many Cimko RE Topcor branded 2.8/135mm for sale on Ebay and prices are ludicrous. Some even US Navy promoted. Is there more to it then just a bait for foolish?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Cimko as RE Topcor scam or legit? Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
There are many Cimko RE Topcor branded 2.8/135mm for sale on Ebay and prices are ludicrous. Some even US Navy promoted. Is there more to it then just a bait for foolish?

Yes US $699.00 does seem a tad rich.
I wasn't aware that these lenses existed - perhaps it is the rareness factor that sets the price.
Still, the prices look silly to me
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE Topcors are made by Topcon. It is the later AM Topcors in PK mount that were made by Cimko.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
RE Topcors are made by Topcon. It is the later AM Topcors in PK mount that were made by Cimko.

Yes that is what I would have expected.
The lenses are marked RE TOPCOR though
T

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they are not rare at all, frequently found as Beroflex M42 mount.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Ian, wasn't there two types of RE's? RE. Auto-Topcor and RE Topcor. Without the 'dot' are Cimko lenses, with the 'dot' Topcon. My source is an earlier thread/post on this forum - http://forum.mflenses.com/tokyo-kogaku-information-please-t59881.html#1328847

Just wondering Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is any use in identifying the Cimko? Super Paragon / Cimko 135 / 2.8 it's a good lens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's a Cimko.

Info on Topcon is scarce, there is one website, mostly in Japanese.

It might no longer exist, a quick search and I couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Yeah, that's a Cimko.
Info on Topcon is scarce, there is one website, mostly in Japanese.
It might no longer exist, a quick search and I couldn't find it.

Here it is, Ian: http://www.topgabacho.jp/Topconclub Smile
Looks like a treasure trove of info. Someone should translate all this into English
EDIT: On closer inspection, I see that some of it is in English.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, cheers. As you can see from that site, the Cimko made lenses are right at the very end of the Topcon timeline in 1978 and very different to the Topcon made lenses.

http://www.topgabacho.jp/Topconclub/lens5.htm

The AM Topcor MC series in K mount are the Cimko lenses, and I am sure they will be nowhere near as good as the true Topcon made models they replaced.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting site, the Topcon / Cimko 135 / 2.8 is almost certainly the same s my Super Paragon, and the old Chinon 35-100 is also Topcon / Sun.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cima kogaku had the Topcon contract to make re200,re300 lenses and are marked As Cimko. 135/2.8 red N, is for real, as it has a infinity lock. They are rare.