Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AI-s Closest Focus on M4/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AI-s Closest Focus on M4/3 Reply with quote

This is not a goto lens for macro but I bought it partly due to its close focusing possibilities.

This cactus is on a window sill, illuminates by daylight through pattered, obscure glass (some patterning on left of image).

The FOV was 70mm wide, working distance (no hood) 100mm. The shot was hand-held, 1/160 @ ISO 250. I did not record the aperture but probably f11. The shadows have been moderated digitally.

This looks like a useful lens for opportunist shots when no macro lens is available.

NB This is purely a test image and not a work of art! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your acquisition. That may not be an 'art' picture, but the image certainly speaks to the close up capability of the that lens.

I've been planning to buy one of these for a while. I really like the look of pictures taken with a wide angle, shot from very close. I was set to buy one, when I stumbled across a great deal on a Zeiss 25/2.8 ZF...couldn't resist it. Having shot some with it, I'm not yet certain whether it is a keeper. It focuses extremely close (0.17m), but without close range correction, the images are different. Not sure yet that I like them.

One of my favorite lenses for years has been a Nikkor 20mm f/3.5 Ais, which allows very close focus and pretty dramatic perspective. It has recently been displaced by a Voigtlander 20/3.5 Color Skopar, which focuses even closer, plus it is sharper, and has slightly better contrast. Can't seem to part with the Nikkor, though. Not sure why...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arninetyes wrote:
Congratulations on your acquisition. That may not be an 'art' picture, but the image certainly speaks to the close up capability of the that lens.

I've been planning to buy one of these for a while. I really like the look of pictures taken with a wide angle, shot from very close. I was set to buy one, when I stumbled across a great deal on a Zeiss 25/2.8 ZF...couldn't resist it. Having shot some with it, I'm not yet certain whether it is a keeper. It focuses extremely close (0.17m), but without close range correction, the images are different. Not sure yet that I like them.

One of my favorite lenses for years has been a Nikkor 20mm f/3.5 Ais, which allows very close focus and pretty dramatic perspective. It has recently been displaced by a Voigtlander 20/3.5 Color Skopar, which focuses even closer, plus it is sharper, and has slightly better contrast. Can't seem to part with the Nikkor, though. Not sure why...

For many years, for high magnification macro, I thought I needed long FL lenses but I now get the pictures I want with 25mm (Laowa, Photar.