Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

c-mount lens in EOS-M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: c-mount lens in EOS-M Reply with quote

Sorry if this is a stupid guestion, but I dont't know, what I am doing wrong or what I should do. I just bought Canon EOS-M body and my purpose was to use old c-mount lenses in it. I have Wollensak cine raptar adapted to simple C-EOS.M adapter. I have M-mode and manual focus selected in camera, but I am not able to take the photo. I mean nothing happens, when I press to button. The body itself is working perfect, tested it just with the lens that came with the body. Also M42 lenses with adapter wont work. So, do I need some other kind of adapter or what I should do? Perhaps some setting in the camera? I have understood mirrorless bodies should work with c-mount and almous any kind of vintage lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custom function menu: C.Fn-7 Release shutter without lens: enable

https://youtu.be/pYmIqJztN-E

P.S. AV mode should works like M mode as you can't control the aperture on the camera.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Always used EOS DSLR with vintage lenses and was surprised that EOS-M is so different. Life is learning...