Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Last shot with Zeiss Loxia 21mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Last shot with Zeiss Loxia 21mm 2.8 Reply with quote

I had to sell my Zeiss 21mm 2.8 to get the 16-35 zoom, as I am off to Aus, NZ and Fiji and want to do some underwater photography. Which means I need AF (sorry guys sometimes its just the best choice). Before I went I wanted to take it out for one last series. This was taken around 9PM with a tripod and set to 15 sec IIRC I had it way stopped down F16 as I wanted the light trails. It had just stopped raining so the streets glistened.

Minor tweaks to contrast only and sized.

100 % crop

I must say this is, optically speaking, the finest lens I have ever used. Ergonomics, well I would prefer different gripping surfaces for aperture and focus. Also the gripping surfaces are a little too fine grained for my taste. My preference is still the type of all metal barrel with the high/low knurls seen used by most companies in the classic era eg Pentax Super Takumar style. But those things tend to be personal preference issues and I can hardly sanction the Zeiss designers for the choice they made. I was quite sad when I put in the outgoing today. One day I hope to get a replacement. On the plus side I bought it used last spring on e-bay and sold on ebay for 30 dollars over what I paid so even counting shipping and insurance its a wash.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of waterproof box will contain the camera and lens?