Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Screwing back Tokina 80-200 1:4 Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject: Screwing back Tokina 80-200 1:4 Lens Reply with quote

Hi all,

My father gave me an old lens Tokina 80-200 f/4, but it was full of fungus. To start, this lens would not be that useful for me and, because of that, I decided to open it up and tried cleaning the lens.
I was not successful in this mission :'). Actually, I did screw everything back in, but the aperture is not working properly. As I said earlier, this lens isn't very useful for me, anyway, I want it to work like it used to Very Happy.
If I can't mount the lens again, that's ok, but if I succeed, it would be awesome.
There's a mini sphere that I don't know exactly where it belongs, cause it fells off as soon as I took the lens apart. You know where that sphere belongs and how I should mount again the rest of the lens correctly, so the aperture starts working again?
I will leave some images of me pointing to that sphere (#2) and the rest of the mechanism...

Thank you very much
Regards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fulanotal wrote:
Hi all,

My father gave me an old lens Tokina 80-200 f/4, but it was full of fungus. To start, this lens would not be that useful for me and, because of that, I decided to open it up and tried cleaning the lens.
I was not successful in this mission :'). Actually, I did screw everything back in, but the aperture is not working properly. As I said earlier, this lens isn't very useful for me, anyway, I want it to work like it used to Very Happy.
If I can't mount the lens again, that's ok, but if I succeed, it would be awesome.
There's a mini sphere that I don't know exactly where it belongs, cause it fells off as soon as I took the lens apart. You know where that sphere belongs and how I should mount again the rest of the lens correctly, so the aperture starts working again?
I will leave some images of me pointing to that sphere (#2) and the rest of the mechanism...

Thank you very much
Regards

Welcome Fulanotal

Replying here so your photos show...