Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-H 85/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-H 85/1.8 Reply with quote

I got this, very cheap of course, for the sake of my "beat-up Nikons that might have been in Vietnam" collection.

PJCT4766 by luisalegria, on Flickr

It is duly beat-up and worn, like a proper Nikkor should be. The good ones are made for a hard life.
This is one of the very first it seems, going by the serial number it is #245 in the production sequence, almost certainly made in 1964. I had to clean the rear element from a bit of fungus.

In every way other than external details it is identical to the later Nikkor 85/1.8 I have, except probably the coating.

http://forum.mflenses.com/nikkor-85-1-8-rubber-grip-t78103,highlight,%2Bnikkor.html

I note that these ancient 85mm Nikkors are quite cheap as portrait lenses go, there are many recent ebay sales under $150, sometimes much less.

These have to be the bargain of that class of lens.

Nikon made a large number, around 140,000 of all variants as per http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html

This is of course a very common lens and very well known, so I'll just post some samples I shot recently.

_IGP7057x by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP6923 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP7100 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP7163 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP6934 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP6965 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP6970 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP7329 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP7328 by luisalegria, on Flickr

_IGP6985 by luisalegria, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 I really must investigate nikon lenses!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 nice Luis!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Used body just adds to the overall charm!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Common and well known" perhaps, but still amazing.
Used to be one of my favourite lenses - and actually still is, although it hasn't seen much use lately.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small