Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Revuenon lenses recommendation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Auto Revuenon lenses recommendation Reply with quote

Hi,

I got 10 days ago a 55mm 1.4 auto revuenon.

I am amazed with the result and sharpness center to corner with this lens.

Could you please tell me if there is other revuenon lenses that are as good ?

Thank you a lot !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with these lenses, but e.g. this site is a good start for looking at what other lenses a brand may have.

http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/brands/c_102.html

At least, that is where I go to te get a gerneral idea. Not always all lenses are featured, but the search options are convenient.

BTW I was considering the Revuenon 55 1.4 some time ago, but the seller had so many other goodies that in the end I totally forgot about it and came home with a whole bunch of other lenses Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will gather info about performance of each lenses and see what I will buy soon.

I am waiting for the Macro-Revuenon 24 mm f/ 4.

The 55mm 1.4 is so cheap.
I got the 24mm for Nothing as well so no risk for my finance.

I hope there other renuenon bargains

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should note that Revuenon lenses are a mixed bag in terms of quality as this was just a brand name for SLR lenses sold by Foto Quelle Germany rather in the low cost segment and there have been many different manufacturers for those lenses (Chinon, Cosina, Pentacon, etc.).
For more details you may read this: http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Foto-Quelle
However, some of them may be very good, but there are a lot of lemons as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macro-Revuenon 24 mm f/4 is made by Enna.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Revuenon lenses recommendation Reply with quote

willy35 wrote:
I got 10 days ago a 55mm 1.4 auto revuenon.
I am amazed with the result and sharpness center to corner with this lens.

post a photo of it
It will take about 10 minutes until this forum tells if that is the Tomioka Revuenon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course there is - the Revuenon 55/1.8 !

Seriously, Revuenon was just a relabel, so, its as "good" as the source lens.

which, in the case of these small 55mm gems, is: very good

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are very good, some are very bad, many are just so-so, they vary so much! Either they don't age well, or more likely, the QC was never good, plus there were a load of small companies making them to the same design (a rip-off of the old Zeiss Contarex 1.4/55).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my copy of 55mm 1.4

Samples here : https://dirtcheapvintagelens.blogspot.fr/2018/01/auto-renuenon-55mm-14.html

Last edited by willy35 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I read the more I think I am lucky, mine is sharp as hell, I am not use to have such sharpnest for so little euros Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time I had an Auto Revuenon 50/1.9. For its price, it was quite a good lens.
Some examples here - http://forum.mflenses.com/auto-revuenon-50mm-f-1-9-info-t7109,highlight,%2Brevuenon+%2B50+%2B1+%2B9.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet a case of beer that is a Tomioka.