Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Argus Propriety Mount / Konica AR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Argus Propriety Mount / Konica AR Reply with quote

I don't know If I'm the first to discover this, but I thought I'd share the information that Argus propriety mount lenses (I don't know how many there are BTW) will mount on Konica AR adapters. The registry is a little shorter than ideal, so the MFD is lengthened a little, but it's still very usable. A word of note, I did not fully mount the lens on the adapter just in case it locked in a bad place, and the fitting is a little on the tight side too so I'm wary of putting strain on the lens/adapter.

The test shot was taken wide open at MFD and the close up is approximately at 100%. The shot was taken in RAW with added Contrast and Blacks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good information.
The proprietary Argus mount is fairly rare.
Most Argus-branded SLR's were Cosina-made M42's, but not this first one.

casualcollector has a good writeup on it.

https://sites.google.com/site/casualcollectorproject/Home/argus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it the same as one of the multiple Mamiya bayonet mounts as that's a Mamiya made lens?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya shifted from an Exakta type mount, to this mount and finally to M42 mount in the early sixties. Yashica also used this lens labeled as a Yashinon in Pentamatic mount.