Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rollei Planar 1.8/50 with tilt adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Rollei Planar 1.8/50 with tilt adapter Reply with quote

Recently you can find on the market cheap mirrorless tilt adapters like this one. I've got one for curiosity and should say it is not bad at all to deliver some fun. I imagine, a professional tilt adapter gives you much more precision, as it lets you control well the shift degree, while the cheap one is really amateur fun oriented and is mostly based on the guess factor.

Here are some samples using the wonderful Rollei Planar 1.8/50 on NEX-5N with this adapter.

Please consider, I have nothing to do with producers or sellers of the adapter, just got a copy to amuse myself and feel myself quite happy. If you get it to see the principle and to try some perspective exersices, it does its job, and the quality of experience (the construction itself) is not as bad as you may read in some discussions.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the adapter for what it is the most famous, a city panorama. That gives the effect! And Rollei Planar which is already marvellous adds much of sharpness and charm to the "toyish" image.

Even if results are less predictible and I was turning the ring all ways round to get pictures of many possible angles, several shots came really well.

One thing that leaves me sceptic for that adapter is when I fix the lens straight, i.e. to the normal optical axis, the lens does not reach infinity. What you have in focus at f2.8 is at best 4 meters. So you barely cannot use the adapter-lens combination for ordinary landscape shooting. I guess this is not a common feature of tilt adapters. This cheap one needs some more work to be applied by the manufacturer for further copies. Or there is a way to regulate the infinity that I just miss.