Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Argus Propriety Mount / Konica AR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Argus Propriety Mount / Konica AR Reply with quote

I don't know If I'm the first to discover this, but I thought I'd share the information that Argus propriety mount lenses (I don't know how many there are BTW) will mount on Konica AR adapters. The registry is a little shorter than ideal, so the MFD is lengthened a little, but it's still very usable. A word of note, I did not fully mount the lens on the adapter just in case it locked in a bad place, and the fitting is a little on the tight side too so I'm wary of putting strain on the lens/adapter.

The test shot was taken wide open at MFD and the close up is approximately at 100%. The shot was taken in RAW with added Contrast and Blacks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good information.
The proprietary Argus mount is fairly rare.
Most Argus-branded SLR's were Cosina-made M42's, but not this first one.

casualcollector has a good writeup on it.

https://sites.google.com/site/casualcollectorproject/Home/argus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it the same as one of the multiple Mamiya bayonet mounts as that's a Mamiya made lens?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya shifted from an Exakta type mount, to this mount and finally to M42 mount in the early sixties. Yashica also used this lens labeled as a Yashinon in Pentamatic mount.