Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Colorplan CF 2.5/90
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Colorplan CF 2.5/90 Reply with quote

Colorplan CF is normally considered as a "bad" version of the famous projector lens. Better like that! That holds the price tag not as high. While the "curved field" is not so much visible in real life shooting. Here are some quick samples that show the lens' sharpness and character. Maybe some corner softness which falls quicker, like in the #3, represents the CF effect? Otherwise in #7 and #8 you see a good corner sharpness relative to the distance. And in #4 you see a well kept plan separation, with the distinctive front- and back-OOF. What would you say, considering the non-CF version you have?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had one and sent it back after I compared it to the "normal" version and especially the Super-Colorplan.
It may not be that prominently visible stanbd alone, but in direct comparison it is...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's very clear. Maybe the lens can be used on a smaller sensor such as M43 so the outer portion is not used?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for quick reaction! i see the point. As long as I do not have a FF camera, the issue seems to be less important.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it considered a bad version? I ask this from the perspective of using it for it's original destination: projecting slides.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugen Mezei wrote:
Why is it considered a bad version? I ask this from the perspective of using it for it's original destination: projecting slides.

The "CF" lens has an inversely bent image plane to compensate for glassless slides. If you use them it works well for projection.