Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Camera Added
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: New Camera Added Reply with quote

A week ago, I added a new/old camera to add to my collection. Yes, it's another Nikon. I have lots of lenses for it, and I just couldn't resist.

In this case, I picked up a nearly pristine FE2, which increases my MF Nikon collection to three (F2A, FE, FE2). After using the FE2 for a week, I have to say I like it better than any Nikon I have except for the FE (that includes the "more modern" models, too--N65, F100, D700). I prefer the feel and sound of the FE's film advance and shutter release, but living in Southern California (the land of blazing sunshine), having up to 1/4,000 shutter speed is pretty nice. It even allows me to use my 50/1.2 Ai wide open in bright daylight (with less than ISO 100 film, anyway). Wouldn't want to do it all the time, but the option exists.

It wasn't as good a deal as the F2A (free) or the FE ($8 ), but at $45, it was well worth it.

I understand that many parts for the FE and FE2 are no longer available. At some point, I may have to do the final MF Nikon upgrade to an FM3a, but so far, the prices are stupidly high.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have FM3a yet? Smile