Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My three favorite rangefinders.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: My three favorite rangefinders. Reply with quote

These have become my "go-to" rangefinder rigs. The 40mm f/1.7 glass on the Vivitar ES is very sharp. A design collaboration between Minolta and Leitz.

Really nice viewfinders on the Oly RC and Canon QL-17 GIII. Lately, I've been shooting with the Oly RC.

Russ

Thanks
Russ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My three favorite rangefinders. Reply with quote

Russ wrote:
These have become my "go-to" rangefinder rigs. The 40mm f/1.7 glass on the Vivitar ES is very sharp. A design collaboration between Minolta and Leitz.

I have mixed feelings about old rangefinders. They've been unreliable or not working in my experience. I have a Minolta 7sII (dead lightmeter and frozen self-timer) of which the lens never failed me and is easily the sharpest I own, but where did you read that the lens is designed by Minolta, let alone Leitz?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vivitar 35ES is a sibling of the Revue 400ES, Minolta Hi-Matic 7S-II, Prinz 35ER and Konica Auto S3.

They were made by Cosina, including the lens. Which doesn't make it a bad camera, the lens is outstanding!

I think you're mistaking the Minolta / Leitz CL (E) rangefinders with this one.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection! Congratulations.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangefinders with bridge Circuits.

I have read on numerous occasions, that quite a few of the older rangefinders have circuits that automatically compensate for voltage difference with batteries. Is this true? If so, are they listed somewhere?

Russ