Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Moskva-5 is in!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject: My Moskva-5 is in! Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle today in the mail, a Moskva 5 ordered at christmas!

It seems in a nice condition, with everything working smooth, except the shutters for the film advance windows. Actually a surprize, as the price was more in line with a display-only item.

Any suggestions for checkup before loading a 120-roll in it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Moskva 5 a couple years ago and I've been generally happy with the results I've gotten from it.

As for checking it out before use, well, the standard sort of items apply, obviously. Check the shutter at all speeds. Make sure the aperture iris turns freely. Check to make sure the rangefinder is rendering plausible distances and that the rangefinder optics are aligned.

You mentioned the film shutters were, what, stuck? You might try a drop or two of 3-in-1 oil on them then work them back and forth a bunch. Then dry off all the residual oil.

On my Moskva 5, the bellows did not lock down on the right side rail after opening, so I had to manually push them down until they locked into place. You'll want to check and make sure your bellows open all the way and lock in place.

Good luck with your "new" Moskva!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael! All points you mentioned seem fine Like 1 small

The film advance viewing window already loosened up a little. Probably some accumulated dirt and/or a bit of corrosion, especially on the 6*6 one (the 9*6 moves freely)

Having a quick lunch now, and then off to the photostore for a few rolls of XP2 (which can be developed near-instantly there!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testshots are in; the results are a bit mixed... exposure is good (so aperture and shutter speed), close focus also good, but focus further away is off. Will test another roll next week, in order to determine whether it's user error, or calibration that is off.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im bit late for the reply but anyway:

I have few old folding cameras (and rangefinders).

First thing what I do is to set-up the rangefinder - if on camera.

With my Moskwa-5 .. well it was a nice game that took me few hours to get it right.

Made a ground/matt glass instead of the film as a starting point ...

Other thing is to have an external rangefinder (aka Voigtlander, Watameter ..),
set right that one first and now there is always a reliable focus check

Last edited by alex_d on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father is a photographer and he attented CIS region once in his life.
He said that it was popular back in the days