Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Classics to use - Paxette
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Classics to use - Paxette Reply with quote

Article from a 2003 edition of Amateur Photographer magazine

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ed.
Just got some. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a very interesting read.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this interesting article! Years ago, I got one, for next to nothing, and a few weeks ago, I found a corresponding short tele lens - a 5.6/85mm Staeble Telon:

It's really a fascinating small camera Wink

S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the Paxette lenses are absolutely awful, among the very worst I have ever used, they were Roeschlein made ones.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Some of the Paxette lenses are absolutely awful, among the very worst I have ever used, they were Roeschlein made ones.

I only have one Roeschlein lens the Telenar 135 f5.6 its pretty soft compare to the other 135s I have. The Staeble are much better. My 38mm Choro gives the Summaron a run for its money

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I only have one Roeschlein lens the Telenar 135 f5.6 its pretty soft compare to the other 135s I have. The Staeble are much better. My 38mm Choro gives the Summaron a run for its money

I got my first Paxette yesterday, so a very convenient time for this thread to revive Smile
Brought for only £4 delivered, I wasn't to surprised to find the shutter seized, and that it's a MK1.
What did suprise me was the ease with which the lens is removed simply unscrew at the focusing control, separates all the optical elements & the aperture from the body.
If I'd read the article careful before playing with the camera I'd have seen this Smile
The lens is a Roeschlein Kreuznach 45mm/2.8 - yet to find out how good it is once cleaned up.
I think the thread mounting the lens is a Compur 00

A second Paxette should be arriving tomorrow which has the Staeble lens - which I'd heard was the budget option.
If I'm very lucky I might end up with a reasonable working camera from the two faulty ones after a bit of tinkering.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mk1 is a non interchangeable lens camera, but if they come off easy you may be able to put the better lens on the good body

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems both bodies have the same fault, but it's not too difficult to sort out.
The camera should cock the shutter when it's wound on, but this linkage has failed. Unscrewing the DOF plate from the top of the shutter gains access to the area of the issue & allows manual cocking. with a bit more playing around it should let me get the linkage back to how it should be.

FWIW the other lens is not so easily removed, it's focus limiting screws stop the lens simply being unscrewed & are partly covered so it's not a simple job to loosen them Sad