Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Albinar 2.8 135mm Macro Focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Albinar 2.8 135mm Macro Focus Reply with quote

I'd made these demonstrations and photos but never posted them anywhere. So now I'm catching up - I've posted about this lens before but not these particular details. The lens has a front helical for the macro, this can be used as a variable soft focus control. Lens on a D600. First the softest setting, then the sharpest.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma made some very similar lenses in the late 70’s - early 80’s, a 135 and a 200mm at least. I’ve had the 200mm for almost 40 years now.

It’s the same deal, unscrew the front element or group, and get closer focus. Also softer focus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens appears to be the same as the Sears 135 Macro, which is quite well known on one or two review sites, with a "Made in Korea" label on it, and thought to be manufactured by Samyang. It seems to be fairly uncommon with an Albinar badge, a quick trawl through 70 Albinar 135s on ebay only turned up one example. There were numerous other Korean made models, also with "ADG" on the front badge, but in white lettering not red. The single example with the macro feature was identical to that above, with "Albinar ADG" in red lettering.
As pointed out, the second helicoid feature was first used by Sigma on their "System Focussing" lenses. Makinon also made a similar 135, which was also rebadged as Hanimex and several other names as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Makinon version, and it's not bad at all. It's not super sharp, and there's CA to be found. But it's a cheap lens, and there's not many cheap 135 Macro's out there - or 'close focus' as it should be called I suppose.

I've used it a bit on my A6000 and it was OK, it's now in my 'For Sale' box, but only because I have so many 135's that are sharper without PP . I might try it again.
Wide open shot, no sharpening. The bokeh is nice, but if there are small highlights it gives you the bubbles.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had the Makinon version and it was pretty unusable as it was hardly possible to get something that could be descriped as 'sharpish'.

I have the already mentioned Sigma 'System Focussing' Telemax 2.8/135 that is a nice performer as long as the larger apertures are avoided. With EVF-camera's these lenses can be focussed stopped down 11.

Also in my collection of that weird old Sigma Close Focussing lenses with nice names is the 4/200mm 'Minitel'. Same way of working like Telemax and also a nice performer when stopped down.