Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schlumbergera flower
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Schlumbergera flower Reply with quote

Sony A850 / Tamron SP AF 90mm/F2.8 macro / Minolta R-1200 flash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Nice Thomas! "Weihnachtskaktus" in German - my great grandma had an old huge one,
which was donated to the Frankfurt Botanical Garden after her passing, needed two people
to span around it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Klaus.

I have it already several years and it's the first time it's blooming that nice AND in the right time of the year.
However, it's still rather small.

I've never seen such a huge one. Is it still alive?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those leaves look similar to those of the Night Blooming Cereus. The NBC's flowers look completely different, though. I have some example photos, but they're on another computer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Thanks, Klaus.

I have it already several years and it's the first time it's blooming that nice AND in the right time of the year.
However, it's still rather small.

I've never seen such a huge one. Is it still alive?

Not sure, would have to call that botanical garden, haven't been here for years Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo of an interesting looking flower!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my early childhood , I learned that this is the "Crăciunel" translated in english "Small Christmas(flower)" .I was allways amazed about its ability to bloom in the winter ,usually in Christmas time.The variery I know has the pink flowers .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it Thomas!
It's also called Christmas cactus.
I have a big one - the ceramic pot that is- and it's blooming every year starting with beginning of November.

Canon 55/1.2 SSC Aspherical

Teo, mine, somehow, has both white and pink flowers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

@ Himself, your Christmas cactus isn't bad as well. Mine is not even half in size...